AssessTech has an opening for someone to lead the development team
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing software and services company and offers the successful candidate the chance to lead a growing development team, influence product architecture and direction and develop personally in a leadership role.
The objective of the Head of Development role is primarily to Lead the technical development of AssessTech’s competence management system.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage the day-to-day running of the Development team, including regular code reviews and mentoring.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, efficient code.
- Support improvement by investigating alternative technologies.
- Implement customer requirements as requested through our ticketing system
- Understand requirements and implications on a system wide basis.
- Manage expectations and set reasonable deadlines for development.
- Communicate progress regularly and efficiently with other key stake holders.
Skills and Attributes
The following are requirements of this role:
- Good understanding of ORM Frameworks
- Experience as a full stack developer
- Team leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of designing complex systems
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint as a minimum)
- Interest and commitment to gain a thorough and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the AssessTech products
Knowledge of the following is desirable, but not essential.
- MySQL, Python, Scala, Maven, Kotlin, Swift, Git/Subversion and Big Data.
The position is based in the AssessTech Head Office in Guildford.
- Base Salary: c. £90K – £110K (dependent on skills and experience)
- 20 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays)
- 40 hours/week
- Workplace pension scheme (optional)
- Employee benefits scheme
AssessTech supports the personal development of its employees. All relevant training and support will be provided and funded.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team delivering the industry’s leading competence management platform. Email us to apply: email@example.com. Remember to attach your CV.