The AssessTech Competence Management System (ACMS) is a web-based application and a collection of offline device-based apps that can be combined to meet all your competence management needs.
It is broken down into a number of modules that allow you to choose the system you need to support your business.
The Base module is always required, but the others are all optional.
The ACMS home page provides your users with a snapshot of the current state of play, tailored to their role and security group. Users can tailor the home page to suit themselves, marking favourite reports and positioning the various widgets to best suit their function.
People Search and Resource Search facilities allow you to search for people not only by name, but also on the basis of their capability. Some of the search criteria that can be used are:
- Name, ID, date of birth, role and/or job title
- Competencies signed (including route and traction knowledge)
- Region, depot and team
The Candidate dashboard gives a view on everything ACMS knows about a person. The tabs which are available for a person, depend on their role, the security settings for the user viewing the dashboard, and the other modules of ACMS that are active.
Users of ACMS have a screen called “My Page”, which is accessible from the home screen. This is a view on all the data stored on the system about them. It’s similiar to the candidate dashboard, but the security permissions, functions and reports are tailored to be appropriate to the set of activities that people are allowed to do to themselves.
Branding and Language Support
The user interface is fully customisable to support your company’s own branding. Language files are included that can be tailored to support either local terminology or support multiple different languages.
- Manage performance criteria sets
- Plan assessments using schedules
- Track progress against your plan
- Analyse assessment data
- Conduct assessments electronically
- Rate criteria on your own developmental scale
aAssess comes as part of the Assessment Module. It’s an application for use on an iPad or Android Tablet that allows Assessors to undertake assessments in a completely paper-free way.
Assessors can do the following using aAssess:
- View a candidates previous assessments
- View a candidate’s schedule to see when assessments are due
- Mark off performance criteria using your own developmental scale and make detailed comments against specific criteria
- Review items marked for development
- Record details of any journey undertaken (as waypoints)
- Write an assessment summary
- Pause and restart the assessment as appropriate
- Log incidents
- Set due dates for investigations and allocate to the appropriate investigators
- Attach incidents to people
- Collect and upload evidence
- Enter the sequence of events on a timeline
- Choose Incident Causes from the RSSB cause set (or build you own)
- Identify Incident Factors
- Make recommendations
- Record outcomes, such as action taken and development plans
- Generate Investigation reports using your own company standard
- Manage the approvals cycle for investigations
You see all incidents and investigations using the Incident and Investigation Workbenches.
- Complementary certificates for European Driver Licenses
- Safety Critical Work ID (SCWID) cards
- Driving cab passes
- General ID cards
- Route and traction knowledge cards
You can use the Licensing module to issue your own bespoke ID cards and documentation with your own branding according to your own company standards.
This module is specifically designed for tracking the driving hours of trainee drivers during the practical handling phase of their training programme. It provides the following features:
- Tracking hours against core routes
- Tracking hours driven during daylight and darkness
- Reporting on the progress against a target number of hours for daylight, darkness and/or specific core routes.
- Tracking and reporting on trainees overrunning their practical handling schedule
aTrack App (NEW!*)
aTrack comes as part of the Hours Module. It’s an application for use on an iPad or Android Tablet that allows the module to be used offline and in a completely paper-free way.
*General availability: Q3 2019
The Bulletin module is all about the distribution of notices.
Various types of documents can be distributed to candidates in the field according to rules relating to their role, security group and location. Crucially, managers are informed when candidates download and read documents, removing the need for notices to be signed for manually.
Candidates can view and sign for documents on ACMS using their “My Page” screen, or they can do this using the aBulletin App.
The Bulletin App is an application for use on an iPad or Android Tablet that enables a candidate to receive notices in the field. Push notifications identify the availability of new material that can then be downloaded, reported as read and stored locally for reference.
The Check module is all about conducting fast checks in the workplace.
Authorised users can mark people off against criteria to execute things like fitness for duty checks or attendance at safety briefs.
Managers can see a record of such checks by looking on the relevant candidate’s dashboards, or see a summary view of all their people using the admins.
They can view and conduct checks in the workplace using the aCheck App.
aCheck is an application for use on an iPad or Android Tablet that enables a the user to conduct quick checks in the field.
*General availability: Q1 2019
- Electronic collection of evidence (using an offline app)
- Managing the relationship between articles
- Version control of criteria sets
- Data visualisation and data analysis
- Bespoke report generation
aInspect App (COMING SOON!*)
aInspect comes as part of the Inspection Module. It’s an application for use on an iPad or Android Tablet that enables an inspector to conduct an inspection in a completely paper-free way by providing a mechanism for collecting evidence and notes in the field.
*General availability: Q4 2019